Dental implants are widely considered the best solution for replacing a missing tooth, being a fixed option designed to fuse with your jawbone – a permanent part of you. Here are a few questions that you may have in anticipation of getting dental implants…
- Why choose dental implants? Dental implants are the most natural-looking solution after a real tooth. Here at Fresh, we can create hand crafted crowns to place on top of the implant,
- What are dental implants? Dental implants are made from titanium and work by replacing your tooth’s root – it is then left to fuse with your jawbone.
- What does the dental implants procedure involve? You will be invited to attend an initial consultation where you can discuss your needs with your dentist. Once a bespoke treatment plan has been established, you will need to return for a future appointment so that the first stage of the procedure can be carried out. Your dentist will place the implant into your jawbone. This will then be left to heal for several months and once the implant has bonded with your jawbone, an abutment can be fitted and the restoration (such as a crown) is placed over the top to give a stunning aesthetic finish.
- Am I eligible for dental implants? In some cases, certain patients do not have sufficient bone to withstand dental implants. If you are looking to have dental implants, your jawbone needs to have enough bone in order for the implants to be supported. If this is the case, a procedure called bone grafting can be performed in order to build up enough bone for you to have the implant placed safely and effectively.
- Does the implants procedure hurt? Placing dental implants is a surgical procedure and requires a small operation. This means you can opt for local anaesthetic for sedation – you will be able to discuss this with your dentist beforehand.
- How do I care for my implants? Your dental implants can be maintained in the same way as your natural teeth. This means brushing twice a day for 2 minutes a day and flossing at least once a day, as well as attending regular check ups with your dentist and dental hygienist, who can advise you further.
If you would like more information about dental implants at Fresh Dental, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.