CEREC crowns are changing the face of cosmetic dentistry – read on to find out how CEREC could benefit you when you undergo treatment for a dental restoration.
What does ‘CEREC’ mean?
CEREC is actually an acronym that reads ‘Chairside, Economical, Restoration of Aesthetic Ceramics’. In layman’s terms, this means that your dentist here at Fresh can restore a damaged tooth across a singe appointment using a high-quality block os ceramic that is a match in colour and shape for the patient’s existing teeth.
No more uncomfortable physical moulds
CEREC has recourse to digital impressions in order to get a foundation from which to work to create your custom-created restoration. Previously, impressions were taken physically using messy and ill-tasting impressions material that commonly causes a gag reflex in patients.
- The CEREC system is particularly popular with patients who have a busy lifestyle and do not wish to commit to several appointments. As the milling machine can produce the crown in less than 6 minutes whilst you wait in our waiting room, it is a speedy and high quality of treatment.
- Versatile treatment that can tackle cracked, chipped, discoloured or broken teeth.
- No need for a temporary crown – as CEREC’s signature benefit is that they are made over a single appointment, there is no need for us to fit you with a temporary crown, saving you additional time. This also means that you don’t have to go through a period where you are careful about eating solid foods that might compromise the temporary crown.
- CEREC is a reputable treatment – CEREC has over 20 years of clinical research to support the technology and the restorations have proved to be effective and 100% safe – there have also been 8 million treatments performed worldwide!
- In-keeping with your existing teeth – we take factors such as your skin colour, tooth colour and facial aesthetic into account when we come to create your crowns as we know how much your smile affects your overall look. We will discuss your priorities with you before creating the crown to ensure that you are happy with the prospective results.
If you would like more information about restorations at Fresh, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.