Botox is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive facial aesthetics treatment used to add volume and straighten out wrinkles and deep lines across certain areas of the face.
Why would I need Botox ?
Over time, the ageing process causes wrinkles across certain areas of the face, making you appear older. Botox is a globally popular treatment used across the world – in 2010, the number of women seeking Botox treatment surpassed 1 million and this figure has risen year after year.
What types of problems can Botox be used to address?
- Horizontal brow lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Bunny lines
- Crow’s feet
- Lip areas – corners of the mouth
How does Botox work?
Botox makes no permanent changes to your facial aesthetic, instead temporarily blocking the signals from your nerves to your muscles, resulting in no facial movement and thus, no wrinkles.
What is so attractive about Botox?
The non-surgical sector is booming and it’s no surprise – in today’s fast-paced society we expect instant results. Procedures such as Botox are faster and more convenient than cosmetic surgery, which has a much longer treatment and recovery time.
Here are some of the other reasons why Botox is increasingly popular:
- No associated downtime – once you have had your treatment, you can leave the practice and resume your normal activities with no interruption.
- Subsequent treatments can make treatment longer-lasting – undergoing continued Botox treatment will lay a foundation for additional treatment and help it last longer each time.
- Botox treatment causes no permanent change to your facial features – cosmetic surgery (notoriously) brings about the risk of permanent change to your facial aesthetic and this is one of the reasons why non-surgical treatment is favoured.
- Authentic and natural-looking results – Botox does not change your features in any way – it eliminates the deep creases and lines in your skin that cause the look of ‘ageing’. Predictable and reliable, Botox enhances your features and restores a younger-looking version of you, rather than adding something that was never there, as can be the case with cosmetic surgery.
We can arrange for your Botox treatment to coincide with your routine oral examination.
If you would like more information about Botox at Fresh, please do not hesitate to contact us.