With the introduction of Invisalign over 20 years ago, more and more adults have been seeking orthodontic treatment in order to straighten their teeth. Invisalign offers a way back to the perfect smile, without having to draw attention to your teeth. Why now and why Invisalign? Invisalign are part of the ‘brace family’ though they are not a fixed appliance…. They’re also transparent and barely visible. If you’re really worried about standing out from the crowd, you needn’t be, as Invisalign’s design is centred around subtlety.
With Invisalign braces you can:
- Remove the appliance – Invisalign are essentially a set of retainers that you wear behind your teeth. You wear each one for 2 weeks at a time and remove them yourself at home, unlike fixed braces which you wear right through for between 18-24 months. Invisalign make it easy to eat and clean your brace.
- Undergo a faster treatment – Treatment achieves results in half the time that fixed braces take (though unfortunately Invisalign isn’t for everyone).
- Be more comfortable than you would be in traditional braces – With no brackets and sharp edges, Invisalign are far more comfortable to wear than fixed braces.
Undergo treatment that does not affect your appearance – You may be worried if you’re in a customer-facing job and don’t want people to notice you’re having orthodontic treatment. Fear not as Invisalign is designed to eliminate this anxiety, going unnoticed by many due to their transparent material and finish. In addition and contrary to 20 years ago, today one in 5 people who get braces are adults, therefore the stigma around them has somewhat reduced.
A few statistics about Invisalign….
- Since it’s introduction, Invisalign maintains a 96% satisfaction rate.
- The average treatment time is 13 months.
- Around 2.6 million people have Invisalign treatment each year.
- Invisalign is currently available in 45 countries.