A fresh pair of eyes and our honest opinion
We are always happy to welcome new patients to Fresh Dental Care. If you are looking for the right dentist, why not take advantage of one of our free initial new patient consultations to find out more? You can come along to the practice and experience our warm and welcoming atmosphere first hand. During this appointment, we will discuss your dental history and individual needs in more detail and explain how Fresh Dental Care can meet those needs.
Our 10-point clinical assessments
When you become a patient at Fresh Dental Care, we will typically ask you to attend an oral examination twice a year. These vital appointments are more than just ‘check-ups’ in the traditional sense of the word. We believe that by focusing on prevention and being proactive, we can identify problems at the earliest stages or even stop them occurring altogether. Our 10-point clinical assessments give you added peace of mind about your oral health, and can prevent unnecessary discomfort and expenditure in the future.
Your 10-point clinical assessments include:
- Radiographs – Where necessary, we will take x-rays of your teeth so we can assess the health of the foundations of your current smile. We may also decide to take an OPG x-ray, which gives us a great overall view of what’s going on in your mouth as a whole.
- Photographs – Essential for treatment planning and a great communication tool to use with our laboratory when assessing facial shape and symmetry.
- Tooth Check – A thorough assessment of the health, function and appearance of your teeth and any existing restorations.
- Gum Health – We will carry out an extensive gum assessment to assess again the foundation of your teeth. We may recommend a Hygienist programme after this and/or bespoke home care products.
- Bite Records – Looking at and recording how your teeth meet and move across each other – this is important in terms of the function of any new restorations we may provide.
- Jaw Joint – We assess your external jaw joints because the regular occurrence of headaches and migraines is often closely related to ‘bite’ issues.
- Internal Soft Tissue – We assess the health of tongue, cheeks and palate, and carry out a comprehensive Oral Cancer Screening at each consultation.
- External Soft Tissue – We assess the glands around your neck and lips, noting facial profile and skin shade.
- Lifestyle – We will discuss your existing diet and lifestyle, including factors such as smoking and alcohol consumption, which can affect the health of your teeth. We will also ask you about your general health and medication.
- About You – We always promise to listen to and understand your wants and needs. We believe that it’s important to get to know you, to build a sense of trust, in order to give you the care you need. These consultations give you plenty of time to relax and chat without feeling as though you’re on a conveyor belt.
Book your implants consultation with an expert!
Call 01622 761067 to make your free appointment or book online