What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shell-like layers of porcelain designed to be directly fitted onto the front of your teeth via a very strong adhesive. Veneers offer patients a lastable option for changing the position, colour and shape of your teeth – changing the appearance of your smile and face.
Veneers can also be used to close unnatural gaps between teeth, resurface discoloured teeth that cannot be whitened with whitening gel and replace worn edges. Veneers differ from crowns and caps which cover an entire tooth – veneers cover the visible section of your tooth a and can wrap over the biting edge.
Benefits of veneers
- Strong and durable – Porcelain veneers are made from a durable and strong material that allows you to eat your favourite foods without having to worry. If looked after correctly, veneers can last up to 15 years.
- Natural, authentic looking results – Porcelain veneers are bespoke and created to match your tooth colour. Impressions of your teeth are taken before treatment so that your veneers are hand-crafted to fit your individual teeth.
- Quick and simple procedure – Generally speaking, veneers can be placed over 2 visits.
- Cosmetic benefits – Porcelain veneers improve cracked, chipped, badly discoloured, widely spaced or broken teeth.
- Stain-resistant – Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining and you can still have white teeth and enjoy the things you love.
- No recovery period – Placement is simple and no in-practice after care is needed – you can resume normal activities immediately.
- Combine as part of a smile makeover – You can combine veneers with other treatments and part of a smile makeover bundle. Veneers are popular alongside teeth whitening and orthodontic treatment.
- Improve your confidence – Having damaged or broken teeth can be a cause of low self-esteem – veneers can help restore your smile and give you back the confidence you deserve.
If you would like more information about cosmetic dentistry at Fresh Dental, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.