Considering having orthodontic treatment? Invisalign is an aesthetic set of custom clear aligners designed to deal with mild to complex orthodontic issues including misaligned teeth and crowded teeth. Read on to find out why Invisalign is so popular with the 2.4 million people who have already reaped the benefits.
- Removable – Invisalign clear aligners are removable, which brings many benefits about for patients, which we will explore below…
- Easier to maintain good oral hygiene – as a consequence of the aligners being removable, your dental hygiene is much easier to keep on top of. Unlike with fixed brace types, Invisalign are replaced every 2 weeks by the patient at home and you have a window of 2 hours each day in which to eat and brush your teeth without jeopardising your treatment.
- No amends to your diet – whilst fixed brace types require that patients make some alterations to their diet, there is no such need with Invisalign because as referenced above, you can take them out to eat.
- No brace hardware – these clear plastic aligners have no brackets or archwires in sight, making them a more comfortable solution for patients, as brace hardware can often be the cause of discomfort throughout orthodontic treatment.
- Highly aesthetic appliance design – the aligners are clear and therefore hardly visible to others and classed as an ‘invisible’ treatment type. Their cosmetic appeal has certainly not been lost on celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Kathy Bates and Tom Cruise, who have all favoured Invisalign to treat orthodontic issues.
- Custom-created for your smile – we will take digital impressions of your teeth, giving us a perfectly accurate foundation from which to work from. In the past, manual impressions created from putty were the basis of designing appliances which presented problems with tooth measurements. Digital impressions give a totally accurate result and the process is much straightforward for the patient, who does not have to suffer the gag reflex often induced by the impression material of the past! As we do not have to send off the impressions physically to the dental lab, the process is also quicker.
If you would like more information about the treatments we offer here at Fresh, please do not hesitate to contact us.