Ten tips to finding the right facial aesthetics clinic
If you're considering a facial aesthetics treatment in Maidstone for wrinkle reduction or to step up your skincare beyond over-the-counter lotions and creams for the first time, then you’re perhaps wondering how to go about finding the right facial aesthetics clinic.
Below, we've put together ten insider tips for finding a reputable facial aesthetics practitioner.
1. Choose someone who is qualified and trained In the right hands, wrinkle reduction treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers have an enviable safety record. In the wrong hands, the results can be less than satisfactory. At Fresh Dental Care, we always tell our clients how important it is to choose a facial aesthetics clinic where suitably qualified and experienced practitioners carry out treatments. If in doubt, ask to see their credentials.
2. Check the practitioner is insured Facial aesthetic clinics offering wrinkle reduction and skincare treatments should have appropriate insurance. Before booking an appointment, ask the clinic you’re considering whether they have medical indemnity insurance to protect clients in the unlikely event of a facial aesthetics treatment going wrong.
3. Visit the clinic first Wrinkle reduction treatments such as Botox and dermal fillers use fine needles to inject the product into your skin. It is therefore important that these treatments are administered in a clean and suitable environment. At Fresh Dental Care, our hygiene practices are second to none because we believe in safeguarding your health and wellbeing. Be very wary of facial aesthetics clinics offering Botox at home or Botox parties.
4. Check whether a range of facial aesthetic treatments is on offer As a rule of thumb, a reputable facial aesthetics clinic will offer a choice of different facial aesthetics treatments for wrinkle reduction and skincare. This is because they will want you to have the treatment that is most appropriate for your needs. We would advise against having Botox, for example, through a salon that doesn’t offer other facial aesthetics treatments.
5. Find out whether facial aesthetics treatments are offered regularly In some cases, facial aesthetics specialists work across a couple of different facial aesthetics clinics, which means that they may not be available to provide your wrinkle reduction or skincare treatment throughout the week. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At Fresh Dental Care, we would just advise you to check that the practitioner does attend the clinic regularly (at least once a week in the same location) as they are likely to be more reputable than someone who is difficult to pin down.
6. Book a free consultation If this is your first facial aesthetics procedure or even if you’ve been having wrinkle reduction injections for a while now, it’s important to see a new clinic firsthand. Most reputable facial aesthetic clinics will be happy for you to book a free consultation. This will let you check out the staff and premises, ask questions and identify the best facial aesthetics treatment for you without being under pressure to buy. If the clinic is going for the hard sell, don’t be afraid to walk away.
7. Ask about the clinic’s follow-up service A wrinkle reduction treatment using Botox, for example, can take up to two weeks before you see the full effect. A good facial aesthetics clinic will usually offer you a follow-up appointment to check that you are happy with the result and to make sure that small sections of the treatment area weren’t missed.
8. Cheapest is not always best As with anything in life, you get what you pay for. With wrinkle reduction and skincare treatments, it’s important to pick a facial aesthetics clinic that delivers on value rather than price. In these tough times, it might be tempting to compromise and go for the cheapest treatment (and there are some very cheap Botox injections available out there). The thing is that, when you sacrifice quality, you may find yourself in the hands of an inexperienced or unqualified practitioner. The best facial aesthetic clinics like Fresh Dental Care deliver on experience, expertise, qualifications, an eye for detail, facial knowledge, and results.
9. Ask for social proof Do you have friends who can recommend a facial aesthetics clinic? What are people saying about a clinic on Facebook or Twitter? Does the facial aesthetics clinic you’ve found offer before and after pictures of clients with recent testimonials? Here at Fresh Dental Care, we have some fantastic testimonials that we’re happy to share. We believe that people buy from people, they also buy based on word of mouth recommendations.
10. Know what to expect A good facial aesthetics clinic will give you information about your post-treatment care and be happy to explain how a wrinkle reduction or skincare procedure works in more detail. By doing some background research (you can find lots of useful information on our site), you will have realistic expectations for your treatment and understand whether it is the right option for you.
Is there anything else you’d like to know about choosing the right facial aesthetics clinic? Perhaps you have been to Fresh Dental Care before and would like to share your experiences with people who are considering the treatment you’ve had. We’d love to hear from you.