Invisalign treatment has revolutionised the world of orthodontics, placing responsibility and freedom into the hands of the patient. Unlike fixed orthodontic methods, Invisalign is a removable treatment that offers the patient flexibility where diet is concerned and generally takes less time than traditional fixed brace methods.
Why seek Invisalign orthodontic treatment?
- You’ll have healthier teeth and gums – When teeth are properly aligned, your gums have a better fit around your teeth which means they are set up to provide the strongest and healthiest defence against gum disease and more serious gum-related complications.
- Improve your overall health – Your teeth are generally a good indication of your overall health. By maintaining good oral hygiene and dental health, you’re on a good path to a high level or overall health.
How are my aligners created?
You will need an initial consultation with our orthodontist here at Fresh Dental so that you can discuss your treatment. We value the personal touch and wish for your treatment to suit your lifestyle as much as possible. Once this has been discussed, you will need to return for a second appointment so that impressions of your teeth can be taken and your aligners made up. These impressions will be taken digitally and your aligners will be created from this information.
You will be given advice and instructions on how to maintain your treatment effectively at home including how to clean your aligners, how long to wear them for each day (22 hours) and how often to visit your orthodontist for a check-up.
The benefits of Invisalign:
- You can continue enjoying the foods you like as Invisalign is a removable type of orthodontic appliance.
- Orthodontic treatment can help improve the way you chew and break down food, thus improving your digestion.
- Traditional fixed metal orthodontic appliances can make it challenging to clean your teeth and remove the bacteria and food particles from in between your teeth. As Invisalign aligners are removable, you can continue cleaning your teeth and flossing as normal.
If you would like further information about orthodontic treatment at Fresh, please do not hesitate to contact us.